A fundraising event in support of Strawberry Hill House
The Strawberry Hill Music & Fun Day returns on Sunday 2nd July! Since it was first held in 2006, the Strawberry Hill Music & Fun Day has raised over £110,000 for Strawberry Hill House. Join us again this year another fabulous day out with fun for all the family and help raise more funds for the continued restoration and development of Walpole’s Gothic Castle.
Admission is by donation (Recommended donation is £4.00 per adult and £1 per child). No pre purchase necessary, donate on the day.
Gates open to the public from 12.00am. Music on the Main Stage starts at 12.30pm and finishes at 7.30pm.
On the Main Stage
The main stage will see another fabulous line up of local talent. This year’s line up includes:
12.30 – 12.55 THE HOLT BROTHERS
All the way from Twickenham!! A very accomplished duo covering classic pop and rock songs…well known to lovers of good live music from clubs and music pubs to private parties and corporate events. One of the best covers acts around.
1.10 – 1.50 BIG TOOTH
The dreamy alt-pop band Big Tooth. Crafted bass lines, melodic guitars and wonderful wistful vocals. An exceptionally talented local band with great original songs. Not to be missed!
2.05 – 2.55 BIG STEAM
Big Steam have every right to be called true originals. Among the leaders of the R’n’B revolution in the sixties, Paul and Geoff were members of the legendary band The Others and guitarist Tim was a founder of power trio Smile whose other members were Queen’s Brian May & Roger Taylor. They deliver an exciting set of classics and originals.
3.10 – 4.00 ODGERS, SIMMONDS & BEDFORD
Featuring Phil ’Swill’ Odgers and Paul Simmonds from folk rock legends The Men They Couldn’t Hang. Joined by award winning English folk singer with a stunning voice, Naomi Bedford. Expect some TMTCH classics and new songs from the latest Swill album plus some great Paul Simmonds songs from the forthcoming Naomi Bedford album.
4.15 – 5.05 THE MUSTANGS
One of the best blues rock bands in the UK. They combine the power of traditional R’n’B with excellent original songs and a dynamic stage show. They have just released their 10th album in a career spanning 16 years. The band are led by the stunning voice and guitar of livewire frontman Adam Norsworthy.
5.20 – 6.00 NARK DROOL & THE SHUDDERS
Authentic rock and roll! They specialise in toe tapping dance favourites from the late 50s and early 60s. Colourfully clad in drape jackets, drainpipes, petticoats and ra-ra dresses, always a festival favourite…fun,fun,fun!
6.20 – 7.30 EEL PIE ALL-STARS
A great finale of rockin’ rhythm and blues from the Eel Pie All-Stars plus special guests. The All-Stars include Don Craine and Keith Grant (Downliners Sect), Robin Bibi (ex Pretty Things), Alan Glen (Yardbirds, Nine Below Zero) and Chris Hunt (Lonnie Donegan Band, The Bruvvers). A sure fire way to end the day on a musical high.
Photo Jennifer Noble ‘Eel Pie All-Stars and Kat Pearson’
Frequently Asked Questions
• Food & Refreshments will be on sale at affordable prices including beer, wine, cider & Pimms. As a family day out, picnics are welcome with small amounts of alcohol for personal consumption (75cl per person i.e. one bottle of wine per person/two cans of beer per person). Excessive amounts of alcohol will not be permitted.
• There is no car parking available on site. Please use public transport where possible. Strawberry Hill House is serviced by bus routes 33 and R68
• Some bicycle parking is available and bicycles can be chained to appropriate railings and fencing at your own risk
• NO DOGS/PETS are permitted on the grounds of St Mary’s University College and Strawberry Hill House
• For general enquiries, catering concessions, craft & community stands contact the event organiser by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• For information on the main stage contact Fraser Cullen by email to email@example.com
Sponsors & Supporters
Proudly managed by
Raising funds for